Call Denton divorce lawyer Karen Alexander today at 972-420-6560!

Denton Divorce Lawyer

Guardian Ad Litem

When parents divorce, they are expected to make their children’s wellbeing a top priority. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. When a judge suspects that a child is being raised in a toxic environment, he or she may appoint a guardian ad litem to provide a more stable home. A guardian ad litem is someone who the court appoints to take care of the child or children during a single court action and only for that period of time.

The guardian ad litem may be an unbiased grandparent or other relative, or it may be an outside party such as a social worker. To find out more about the court appointed guardian ad litems, contact the offices of Denton child custody lawyers Alexander & Associates at 972-420-6560 today.

What Is the Guardian Ad Litem Responsible For?

A guardian ad litem may be appointed to care for a child or an adult who is considered incapacitated. When a divorce becomes especially contentious, or if there are accusations of abuse, a guardian ad litem may be appointed to care for the child or adult until permanent custody arrangements are made.

During the course of the divorce proceedings, the guardian ad litem will need to provide the following services for the people in his or her care:

  • Adequate nutrition
  • Transportation to school and appointments
  • Physical and emotional care

Serving as a guardian ad litem is a very important role. This person is charged with the task of helping a child remain in a stable environment during a very difficult time.

Contact Us

If you wish to learn more about guardian ad litems, contact the offices of Denton divorce attorneys Alexander & Associates at 972-420-6560 today.

Home   |   Greetings   |   Attorney Profiles   |   Practice Areas   |   Testimonials   |   Contact Us   |   Client Information Form   |   Other Resources  |   Articles

Copyright © -
Alexander & Associates |  190 Civic Circle, Suite 155  LewisvilleTX  75067 |  Phone: (972)-420-6560 | Disclaimer

We accept the following forms of payment: Cash, Cashiers Check, Personal Check, Visa, Mastercard