Call Denton divorce lawyer Karen Alexander today at 972-420-6560!

Denton Divorce Lawyer

How to Reduce Child Support

Going through a divorce can be a stressful and emotionally draining experience. If you have children, this process can be even more devastating for you and your family. In most cases, one guardian is required to pay child support in order to assist with the child’s expenses. In certain situations, however, child support rates may be too high, subsequently causing undue hardship and stress.

If you are suffering from child support payments that are breaking your bank, contact the Denton family attorneys of Alexander & Associates to discuss your legal options. Call 972-420-6560 today to schedule your free initial consultation.

Ways to Lower Child Support

When trying to reducing child support payments, there are a few options:

  • The payer can go to court and request a reduction in child support; however, the payer must have a valid reason for wanting a reduction, such as financial strain due to unemployment or demotion.
  • If there has been a change in circumstance that makes child support payments unnecessary, such as the payee has remarried.
  • The payer may request that the payee reduce child support payments; however, if the marriage ended on a bad note, this may be quite difficult.

Contact Us

If your child support payments are causing you undue financial hardship, you may be eligible for a reduction. Contact the Denton family attorneys of Alexander & Associates by calling 972-420-6560 to speak with a legal representative today.

Home   |   Greetings   |   Attorney Profiles   |   Practice Areas   |   Testimonials   |   Contact Us   |   Client Information Form   |   Other Resources  |   Articles

Copyright © -
Alexander & Associates |  190 Civic Circle, Suite 155  LewisvilleTX  75067 |  Phone: (972)-420-6560 | Disclaimer

We accept the following forms of payment: Cash, Cashiers Check, Personal Check, Visa, Mastercard